Sunday, December 23, 2012

Brown butter and sea salt Chocolate chip cookies



My husband loves chocolate chip cookies, who doesn't.
Most of the time his reaction to my cookies was "OK" " not bad"
My first impression when somebody handed one cookie to me, it was thin, soft and chewy,
 I fell in love.



I 've been looking for that recipe, some close.
This one http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/02/brown-butter-sea-salt-chocolate-chip-cookies/
very close, maybe the right one!!!
The recipe called for greek yogurt I didn't have any, I used heavy cream, no problem.
They came out perfect.

When my husband had the first bite, he said " finally!!!"
To me it's like a dream, thin, soft and chewy.
I gave half to my husband to take to work for the tester . They said "good".

I even gave some to my friend in England, want somebody I love to taste.

A week later I made another batch. This time they came out thick , still soft but crumblely.
My husband asked "what did you do?"  I don't know ,still taste good just different texture.
I think maybe because I used mosvocado sugar instead of dark brown sugar and decrease from 1 1/4 cup to 1 cup.
Still used heavy cream , like the first time.
I noticed the cookie dough was dryer than the first time .
I have to made these cookies again and figure out. Or never change anything.

By the way brown butter and sea salt ,what a  perfect combination !! Love it !!

Brow butter and sea salt chocolate chip cookies Recipe from http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/02/brown-butter-sea-salt-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan. Continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
  3. With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator, or place in freezer for 30 minutes if you are super eager.
  5. Once dough is chilled measure 1/4 cup of the dough into a ball. It doesn’t have to be perfectly rolled. Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and sprinkle each dough ball with a little bit of sea salt.
  6. Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Cool the cookies on the sheets and sprinkle with a little extra sea salt if desired. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. คิดถึงน่ะ ไม่ได้เข้า blog นานมากเลย

    ReplyDelete